Phew! The end of another busy year.
I don't know about you but I have had a tough year, I seem to be working harder for every buck I make. I feel like the guy in the picture. Continue Reading...
“You do not pay me for the hour, you pay me for the value I bring to that hour.” Jim Rohn Continue Reading...
President’s Welcome / Theme
Jacques de Villiers – National President 2013/14, PSASA
Speak For A Change
I’m humbled and privileged to serve the members of the PSASA who have committed their lives to make a difference in the lives of others.
It’s not a task I take lightly because what we achieve together this year (and the years to come) will reverberate throughout Southern Africa and the world. Of that, there is no doubt because we are on a quest to make a difference.
The theme I’ve chosen this year is Speak For A Change.
I’ve chosen this theme for two core reasons:
- I believe that our members are amazing catalysts for change. I believe that our messages are important and need to be heard. I believe that we can change Southern Africa for the better, one audience at a time
- The challenge with the first statement is that not enough of our members are speaking consistently. And, that’s a shame. It’s a loss for both the speaker and Southern African audiences. I believe that our members should be speaking more often for a change … there’s enough business for us all.
To this end, I am privileged to have a team of people that have partnered with me who are fully motivated, enthusiastic and committed.
It’s our mission to help every PSASA member to Speak For A Change.
The Presidents Council is so excited to be able to help you achieve your goals.
So, how are we going to do this?
- We’ve committed to holding excellent, professionally run monthly meetings that will be relevant to every member. These will be great opportunities to learn, and reenergise in the camaraderie of fellow speakers
- We’ll focus heavily on Special Interest Groups which will give members a chance to learn new skills to improve their speaking skills and their speaking businesses
- PSASA is the best-kept secret in Southern Africa. 2013/14 is the year that we claim our rightful place. We will build the brandthrough our partnerships with other associations, social media and traditional media
- We will be holding webinars with some of the best speakers in the world who have committed to sharing their wisdom and knowledge with us
- We will give our members more opportunities to hone their stage craft and speaking skills (and to get noticed) by organising them invites to speak at associations including, Rotary, chambers of commerce, charity organisations and the like
Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
The Presidents Council recognises that it is in the privileged position of being on the verge of turning the PSASA into something absolutely amazing because they are standing on the shoulders of the giants who came before us.
We are only building on the already excellent work done over the past nine years by those Presidents Councils and elders that have walked this path before us. Without their commitment, dedication and massive sacrifice to serve us, their members, the PSASA would not be the organisation it is today.
This year, you’re being served by a President’s Council that is absolutely clear on what it is we want to achieve for you. We are committed to making sure that you can become truly successful in this amazing quest called Professional Speaking.
You can count on our 100% support to help you Speak For A Change.
Jacques de Villiers
National President 2013/14